Ask any boy or girl at a very young age, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Chances are that many of them would proudly say a “Police Officer”.
I know how excited my little guy gets when he sees an officer or a cool cop car on the side of the road.
Now they are too young to understand the risk that comes with wearing that badge but most adults would agree that law enforcement particularly police officers, have one of the most demanding and hardest jobs out there.
Now a day police officer jobs are exceedingly difficult and it is always a good thing when new technology is implemented to make their jobs safer.
To help facilitate this initiative, the FCA US LLC is extending their Officer Protection Package to the 2018 Dodge Charger Pursuit.
First offered on the 2017 Charger Pursuit, the Officer Protection Package will also be available at no cost to U.S. law enforcement organizations on the 2018 models as well.
The Officer Protection Package is aimed at increasing an officer’s safety by enhancing their situational awareness when parked or otherwise working inside their vehicle.
The new package contains an array of advanced tactical equipment and technology that will deliver top rated protection and security.
Check out the full list of specs at the FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) website.
Some notable features include:
• ParkView rear backup camera and Rear Cross Path detection to alert an officer if anyone is behind the vehicle.
• Charger Pursuit V-8 all-wheel-drive (AWD) for best-in-class acceleration performance.
• Pursuit-rated hardware: performance-tuned suspension, load-leveling NIVOMAT shocks.
• Ballistic door panels for driver and passenger doors (Protection: NIJ Level III+).
• Laptop-size 12-inch touchscreen display with Uconnect touchscreen system, allowing for quick toggling between vehicle controls.
• Styling for Charger Pursuit draws on Charger’s late-1960s heritage while infusing aggressive yet sleek styling